Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day 2016

This is a day to give thanks and show our appreciation to others who have made our lives so full. 

Loved ones and friends have poured joy into our lives each day. Today we choose to share our love and gratitude to each one. Remembering missing a moment in time to express our love and appreciation to another may never come again in our life time. Taking time to say I love you is as precious as the days we are given. Giving thanks and praise to God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is the only sacrifice of love we can give. Today give thanks and gifts of love. Tomorrow and every day following in our short lives remember to express the thoughts of our hearts for those who have shaped our lives and faith.

Today I remember one of my dear friends and brother in Christ, Chuck Hirt. We laughed, prayed and did life together. I could always count on Chuck. Chuck's presence in my life reminds me of a quote I discovered a few years ago. It was written by a monk who lived centuries ago and describes my friend Chuck's life with us.

"Joy is the Echo of God's Life in us."

Thank you Chuck for making our lives more joyous and thankful by your presence.

 

1 comment:

  1. Tedd, your post reminded of the hymn "Jesus Lover of my Soul." I am grateful and thankful for your friendship and love. Blessings to you and Lois today, and for many days to come. Bless Chuck's memory as well. Tim

    ReplyDelete