Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22, 2010


Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything.  With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God.  Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand.  And this peace will control the way you think and feel.  Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper.  Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.
~Philippians 4:6-8 (CEV)~
Ever wonder or worry about "tomorrow"?
Most of our worries never become real. I find myself struggling with some piece of life and it keeps me awake at night most frequently. I turn to what I know; meditation on the Name of Jesus. I shut out the noises of the day or the dark of the night with the Name of Jesus. As I pray and focus on Jesus it helps me to be still. Seeing Jesus in my "boat asleep during the raging storm" gives me confidence I too may sleep and not fear or struggle. I see the calming of the storm as Jesus comes to sit with me. He calms whatever fear or anxiety I might have and sleep comes.
What a great way to go to sleep...try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment