Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jan 21, 2010

"The sign that God is at work in us is that He is destroying our confidence in the natural virtues, because they are not promises of what we are going to be, but only a wasted reminder of what God created man to be. We want to cling to our natural virtues, while all the time God is trying to get us in contact with the life of Jesus Christ—"  from Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest

Where we place our trust and confidence is central to what life means for us.
As the hymn says, "My hope is built on nothing less that Jesus' blood and righteousness..."
Learning to not lean on my own abilities or natural tendencies is one of the challenges of this season of my life. The uncertainties drive me closer to Jesus... the Way, the Truth and the Life!

2 comments:

  1. Tedd,
    We are excited that your able to retire and spend more time with you family. Your comments this last year have been a blessing for me to read and be able to follow and pray for you and your family. I know that we haven't gotten together for many years but a Christian friend like you has been more then a blessing then you know. I know as we get older that we have more blessing then stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful to have found your blog. I will be praying for you and be with you virtually as you travel on the path that God has laid before you. Thank you for your continued teaching; I still need you.

    ReplyDelete