Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 27, 2010

It's my sister's birthday today...Happy Birthday Bonita!!
I sat with my Father and Mother this morning and we talked to Bonita on the speaker phone of my cell phone. My Dad said "hello" to my sister which is very special these days. It was such a joy to watch Dad's face with a glimmer of a smile on it. He was so pleased with this moment with his family. God is good.

I had a special experience yesterday that I will never forget. As I pulled up to my son's home in my truck I could see my grandson, Haakon in the doorway window. I stepped out to hear a gleeful cry, "Grandpa! Grandpa!" Haakon's hands and arms were waving and his face was a glow with a huge smile. It was one of those moments I will never forget.

We have been given the privilege of crying, "Abba, Abba... Father" because of what Jesus did on the Cross for us to become children of God. When we cry out, "Jesus...Father God...Spirit of the Living God" it is sweet music to the ear of God. In joy or sorrow we come as children to be welcomed by the Father in the name of the Son, Jesus.

Romans 8: 14-17
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.


Abba Father hear our prayer and receive our praise, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment