Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 29, 2010

Being a parent is a life-long endeavor. It is a great joy and hard work. Children don't choose their parents. We choose to be parents and are forever parenting. Sometimes well and sometimes not so well. I have found myself sitting on the bedside of our children more than once asking them to have patience with their father...I told them I was trying to be the best parent I knew how to be but from time-to-time I would come up short.
I believe forgiveness and grace are acquired in life by showing forgiveness and grace. I believe trust is earned by showing one can be trusted and by being honest and faithful. I have great kids and they have become precious adults. God has given them Godly partners to share life together. We have been given a extra gift of love in the person of a grandson. We look forward to more grandbabies! Being a parent or grandparent is a life long endeavor that God has given us the privilege of experiencing. Now I understand Grandma Elsie's and Grandma Olga's joy in life as they shared time with their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. God is good. Thank you for the many "gifts' we have in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment