Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010

I had a call from my Mother and Sister today from the nursing home where my Father stays. He was having a "5 star day" according to my Mother. We visited for a few minutes and then she gave the phone to my Father. He said, "Hello"...and after telling him we would see him next week he said, "That would be nice." It was so good to hear my Father convey a thought so clearly. It is becoming more infrequent still always a gift.

I've thought of questions I wish I had asked of him but never did. He has always been a man of very few words yet great kindness. How is it we miss the opportunities before us for whatever reason? No regrets; yet questions of his life remain a mystery.

Our Father in Heaven left no questions of who He is...revealing himself in the form of Jesus, the Christ.
If we have questions of God's love or justice we need only look to Jesus, the Word of God's love and justice for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment