Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25, 2010 Stormy night

Psalm 57:1
Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. 


Sitting here watching the rain and lightening. The thunder rolls in the background. I remember as a little boy of about 5 years of age sitting (hiding) in the closet with my sister as the thunder and lightening surrounded our house. Everything seemed to light up as the flash of lightening and then the clap of thunder echoed through our little house. I was afraid but not sure of what. When the calm would come it was such a relief. The storm had past and we were ok.

Life has its storms. What we do in the storm is as important as the storm. Fear or faith? Where will I go?
Pray the prayer of Psalm 57:1...
"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
 for in you my soul takes refuge; 
in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, 
till the storms of destruction pass by."

No comments:

Post a Comment