Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 6, 2010

Lois thinks I am a little "OCD"...could be :-)

I have accepted my "current calling" in serving my wife in needs around house and help her as I am able.
One of the roles that I have assumed is that of "laundry"...I can "spot" with the best of them!
This morning "my dryer" died...a piece of the siding blew off the front of the house...the two ceiling lights in the hallway went on the fritz...and the garage door cables flew off. Not a bad day :-)

Sometimes one wonders if there is a "cloud" hanging overhead but it is just the way it goes.
Random junk happens in our lives and how we handle them is important. It happens; how will we react?

I will fix what I can and call on my wonderful son-in-law, Brian to help me figure out the rest. Brian has a gift of restoration and creativity. He thinks in creative ways to make things work. I am blessed to have Brian.

I may stay up until 1am worrying (thinking) about what needs to be done but it won't get it done. Last night I finally prayed..."Jesus, quiet my mind and spirit so I may rest."  Rest came and we bought a new dryer tonight! One down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment