Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 19th, 2010

Yesterday my parents celebrated their 69th wedding anniversary. Dad was pretty sleepy but able to be up. I forget how remarkable an event this was. Sixty nine years of meals, conversations, trials and triumphs. The ups and downs of daily life shared faithfully with one another. One of the corner stones of their 69 years was their faith journey. Jesus was the center piece of their marriage. Faithfully they would worship and serve as able. Age may have reduced their involvement but not their "living for Jesus".  Those words are from a hymn that my parents taught my sister and me as we grew up. It has continued to echo in my mind this week of their 69th anniversary. The words remind me of their faithful journey as a couple.



Living for Jesus, a life that is true,
Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad hearted and free,
This is the pathway of blessing for me.


Refrain
O Jesus, Lord and Savior, I give myself to Thee,
For Thou, in Thy atonement, didst give Thyself for me.
I own no other Master, my heart shall be Thy throne.
My life I give, henceforth to live, O Christ, for Thee alone.



Living for Jesus Who died in my place,
Bearing on Calvary my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,
Follow His leading and give Him my all.

Refrain


Living for Jesus, wherever I am,
Doing each duty in His holy Name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
Deeming each trial a part of my cross.

Refrain


Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,
My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

Refrain

No comments:

Post a Comment